Watford Walking Football Club
Code of Conduct
The objectives of the Club are to promote physical health and well-being through providing facilities, promoting the game of Walking Football and arranging matches and social activities for members meeting the Club’s Code of Conduct. We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour within walking football therefore, this code of conduct has been developed with players and coaches. Watford Walking Football Club adopt these for both casual sessions and competitions. On and off the field I will:
- Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything, including winning.
- Ensure that the session coach, team manager and/or referee is made aware of any medical condition, or on-going injury prior to play
- Adhere to the rules.
- Display and promote high standards of behaviour.
- Promote fair play and actively encourage others.
- Make allowances for and encourage Members with different skill levels and physical abilities.
- Do not seek to take advantage of Members with different skill levels and physical abilities.
- Always respect the match officials’ decisions.
- Never engage in or tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive language and behaviour.
- Never engage in bullying, intimidation or harassment.
- Speak to my team-mates, the opposition, spectators and my coach/manager with respect.
- Remember we all make mistakes.
- Win or lose with dignity.
- Shake hands with teammates, the opposing team and the referee at the end of every game.
- Be an ambassador for my club.