Enfield Festival: 24-Jun-18 (report by Glenn)

A successful tournament today for Watford! After a lot of withdrawals, we managed to enter three teams.

Kevin Schmid
Peter Davison
Gary Shaw
John Field
Howard Harris

Graham Bell
Steve Harrington
Lakhi Nijjar
Tony Bartolo
Paul Vinton
Gordon Sexton

Julian Knight
Pat Morrissey
Paul Salvietto
Mike Adams
Craig Forbes
Andy Jenkins
Glenn Cato

Eight teams entered the 50’s section with two groups of four. It was inevitable two of our teams were going to be in drawn in the same group.

It was the Yellows and Orange in the same group and also the first match in the group. A close fought game ended in 1-0 to the Orange team. The goal scored by Andy.

Yellows other two games were also close 1-0 defeats to Cheshunt and Colchester. Oranges results were 0-0 v Cheshunt and 0-3 defeat to Colchester.

This meant Colchester and Cheshunt went through as the top 2 to the semi-finals of the Cup with both the Yellows and Oranges in the semi-finals of the Shield.

The Oranges played Hertford in the first semi-final. The game ended 0-0 than onto the dreaded penalty shoot-out which unfortunately Oranges lost.

The Yellows played Enfield in the other semi-final and made the Final by winning the penalty shoot-out. Sadly the Yellows lost the final to Hertford again in a penalty shoot-out.


So after the last 4 weeks having a squad of 8 for today, it got whittled down to 5, with 3 injured players dropping out since Thursday, and with the Yellows and Oranges already having small squads today, Whites had to play with a squad of 5.

Whites started the group games:
4-0 win v Hertford (Howard H 2, Gary 2)
1-0 win v Enfield (John)
3-0 win v Xenon (Howard H 2, John)

Semi-final 1-1 v Chestnut (John) – won a long shoot-out (even Kevin chipped in with a penalty as well as saving a few)

Final 0-0 v Colchester so back to penalties which we Whites won 3-2.

It was a good tournament and great to see 3 Watford teams all cheering each other on

Congratulations to the Whites another trophy for our cabinet and well done to the Yellow team making the Shield Final without an designated keeper.

The tournament was dominated by penalty shoot outs! It was played in a fair manner on a scorching hot day.